Anxiety of uncertainty...


My year begins with a huge event, something that could potentially affect my entire year ahead in more ways than I
can anticipate at this moment yet I have no idea what will be of it.
I have a meeting with my bosses, 'a chat' is what they called it but for me a session with my bosses is going to be anything but a chat.
I am getting more and more anxious, nervous even in the hours leading up to it.
My job means a whole lot to me and the people around me so any discussion on it will take all the priority and I can think of nothing else.

The thing is with just a couple of hours left to it, I am powerless and unable to dictate the path it will take. (You have never been in control, have you?)
That task, I left in my prayer yesterday, last night, this morning and a few minutes ago to the LORD, only he can influence it.
My worries, my fears cannot after all add or remove an inch to anything.
I have settled with the comfort that God will work all things for my good and that is all that matters right now.

The only thing I have control over at this moment in time will be my reaction to this 'chat' so lets have it, on with it.
The journey must go on after all, whether at home or away from it.

Oh, allow me wish you a happy new year everyone, we made it. Again I ask that the LORD remains by our side to shoulder us and ahead of us to illuminate our paths.
Cheers***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just who do the Egyptians think they are eh?

About Religious fundamentalism!

Confessions of a non+alcoholic!