Confession of a serial sinner...

This is it, this is the end, the moment we have all been thrusting our minds and bodies towards through the year. It is the big finish.
The fumes of satisfaction and victory choke the hall we are all crammed in;
everyone seems to be in sync with harmony. Everyone, everyone but me, everyone is ecstatic but me, everyone else is reveling in the glitz but me. I am not in tune with the pop of champagne, my laughter is broken and my smiles cannot hide the lies.


My spirit is faint and it is fast becoming obvious to everyone else. They can all see it; am a marked man and the whispers behind my back tell it all, hell, my palpitating heart and fleeing shadow betray me. It is now obvious.

So why am I still here?, why do I still breath? Of what purpose am I to this world, to my family, to my friends? I have only lied to them all this while and my makeup cannot hold anymore. The cracks are visible to all, if anything, I should be crawling in the filth of my death.

Yet inspite of my mischievous and unbecoming character, I am still here, I still live.
Clearly I have been handed another chance, a fresh lease on life, a clean slate to tell my story all over again, only this time there is a twist; a happy ending.

Without the intervention, without the Graces of the LORD my God, I would be nothing, nothing but dust, shameful dust. He has a purpose for me in this world and its because of him that I have hope and this newly found hope, this rejuvenation will build a character more worthy of the glory of God. I pray I never forget my past, I pray I never forget His actions on the cross, I pray I keep growing to become a child He will be proud of.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just who do the Egyptians think they are eh?

About Religious fundamentalism!

Confessions of a non+alcoholic!