Mind & body

It crawls up to the darkness and sits up coiled against the dying wall, shreds of paint fall at its touch.. I stretch out my hand towards it but will not come to me, my movement only seems to push it further into the wall. Whatever got this creature to such a deplorable state, it sees no hope of rescue from its troubles! It extends further as if begging the walls to somehow devour it. So i stand there, absent of thought, absent of speech, resigned to my fate, there is nothing more I could possibly say to change it. This is not a job of a mere mortal like me, I could not change a thing even with all the wisdom of the world on my back. So as I draw away from the scene of my defeat, my feet discover a piece of paper on the dusty floor beneath them, the fable light piercing through the wooden windows allow me to read, this is what I see...
the lamp of the LORD searches the spirit of a man, it searches out his inmost being
... I have found my answer so I shall not look back to this day as a day of defeat, I had no chance from the moment of its inception. Who would know the thoughts of a man except his spirit? [Proverbs 20:27]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just who do the Egyptians think they are eh?

About Religious fundamentalism!

Confessions of a non+alcoholic!