There are things...

“That was how it was, sometimes. You put yourself in front of the thing and waited for whatever was going to happen and that was all. It scared you and it didn't matter. You stood and faced it. There was no outwitting anything. Sometimes you looked the thing in the eye and it turned away. Sometimes it didn't. - She had learned, in her life, that time lived inside of you. You are time, you breathe time" - Almodine, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.


We are speaking about this again. I am writing about this again, I am writing to you about my regrets, I am writing to you about things that happened, regrettable things, things I had control over and yet I still let them happen - I am writing about choosing the less pleasant path.

Yesterday was difficult, seeing you was difficult. Even though I had gone through it in my mind & felt very comfortable with my choices, seeing you made me doubt it all. Was it the right thing to do? Was there another way?

And even with all the questions pumping through me, despite the doubts, I had to stay true to my first. I will let time tell no matter how difficult and crude this may feel, I am choosing to stay in front of it.

I guess what am saying is I know. I know and I felt.
I felt the awkwardness, I felt the goriness of the thing in my throat when you looked at me and my voice seemed screwed inside, I felt the discomfort of pushing my eyes away, I felt the utter irony of it all!.

After all that was said, all the promises and dreams, you are now simply someone that I used to know. So now I am saying sorry, sorry the tea is not warm enough but that is that, time will tell. Whatever happens, there will be growth. Like the Bible teaches, for anything to grow it must die first. The seed will die, the sun will set, the moment will pass and in their place 'New' will take root.

I read somewhere that people who have not been 'wait and see' but those have been 'see and wait'. I am not quite sure how but that statement seems to fit snugly here. So here is to death, here is to life and here is to growth!

A toute a l'heure!

Note: This post was previously posted on a collaboration account in 2018. The next post will build onto this train.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just who do the Egyptians think they are eh?

About Religious fundamentalism!

How I Like My Bananas and Why You Should Move the **** On!!!